Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Scarves

I am new to the whole scarf wearing thing. I liked the look of scarves but I didn't know how to wear them so I just chose not to wear them at all unless it was quite cold out and I needed something around my neck.

Then in November two things happened.

1. Lucia did a fashion post and she wore a scarf that was tied very prettily.

this photo was used with Lucia's permission


2. I found this tutorial.



I was inspired. I watched the video many times experimenting with the different ways to tie a scarf. Some of them I loved; some of them I wasn't so crazy about. After being inspired by Luica's picture, I decided to replicate part of her outfit for Thanksgiving.


Scarf tie: "the twist and pull"


Since then I have worn scarves more often than I did before and tried different looks. The other week I purchased a pretty lacy scarf to add to my wardrobe.

Scarf tie: "the decoration"



It's been fun trying new ways to tie a scarf.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Linking up with...
pleated poppy

5 comments:

Alissa said...

I am like you Kati - I never really knew how to use a scarf very well. Thanks for posting..your scarves look great!

Cheryl said...

Practice makes perfect! You sure have nailed a lot of those ties...while I am still trying to figure out which end goes which place...

Kristin said...

I need you to teach me a few more ways to tie my scarves. I've started wearing them quite a bit this year, but I only know 2-3 ways to do it. (And I may link to this post later this week.)

Frances said...

Kati, you were MADE to wear scarves. You look so elegant and beautiful in them. Thanks so much for posting the link to the video. I will know where to come to refer to it over and over. I love the photos you have posted of yourself.

Katie said...

Super cute. I've seen the same tutorial, and it has been so helpful in helping me learn new ways to tie a scarf! haha, anyways, awesome blog and post! Keep up the amazing work!

- K