Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Thanksgiving Book

source
When I was younger, I used to love to read historical diaries. The Dear America series was one of my favorites. Each book takes a girl growing up in a certain time period and tells a story using both fiction and some fact. (In the back of the book in the Historical Note the author tells what is true fact about that time period.) My little sister Bekah just recently discovered this series of books and she has already devoured several. Even though they are written for young readers, I still will pick one up if I need an easy read. A Journey to the New World: The Diary of Remember Patience Whipple by Kathryn Lasky is a book in this series about a Pilgrim girl who came across the ocean on the Mayflower in 1620 to have a fresh start in the new world with her family.

***For more Thanksgiving books to read go to both Mom and Kristin's blogs.

No comments: