Monday, June 2, 2014

Making it New: Jeans to Cropped Pants

I'm linking up to Joanne's Make it New Monday today. I'll be posting my Photo-a-day Challenge a little later today. 

My Not-So-Empty Nest


On the first really warm day we had, I went to dig my capri pants out of my drawer. When I put them on, they were way too big. So I took a pair of jeans that were a little long, and I rolled them up a few times to shorten the length. I liked the length so at the end of the day, I took some heavy thread and stitched them so they would stay more permanently in place. I sewed them it a way so that at the end of summer, if I need another pair of jeans I can just cut the stitches and revert them back to jeans.


Before:                                                                     After:


















Here is a closer look at he cuffs.




Check out Joanne's Make it New project for this month ~here~.

4 comments:

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, I did link with your last Challenge, It was not a post written for it as all my posts are devotional type. But I do love lavender and white in the wheel of colors and of course pink. I liked the way you cropped those pants. I hope to get a bit of sewing done myself today!
Blessings, Miss Roxy

Ida said...

Clever idea. - Just found your blog through your guest post on The Enchanted Rose. I'm now following.

Unknown said...

Very clever, Kati! I especially like that you can un-make it if you need to. Thanks for linking up to Make It New Monday!

{I love when I put on clothes and they are way too big!}

Vee said...

Cute and easy! I'm wearing jeans today...maybe I could roll them for a more summery look.