Monday, June 1, 2015

What's Been Going On...


I'm officially a CNA!

I graduated in April then I took my Geriatric Nursing Assistant exam and passed that as well.




We visited my far-away nieces and nephews.

And their mommy and daddy, too. I love these little folks!




I've been working.

Work at Chick-fil-A is going great! I'm also starting a new part time job this week doing home health care which I'm excited about! 



I got new glasses.

I started wearing glasses in January. A week or two ago I found a coupon in my email for 30% at Firmoo.com. (I reviewed a pair of fashion glasses from their company several years ago.) I found a nice pair of prescription glasses and got them inexpensively. They are a different color from my other pair and it will be nice to switch back and forth between the two. 




I've been reading. 

My haven't done as much reading this year as I would have liked to but I've been so busy. Right now I'm reading The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. 

I'll be sharing another book review or two on my blog in the next few weeks. One is a book from Bethany House Publishers, the other is a Sisters Book Challenge book I read in January and forgot to review. Oops! 


So, what has been going on in your life?

7 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

A big congrats to you, Kate on your awesome accomplishments!

Your glasses are adorable, I buy mine online on the cheap too. It IS fun to switch around (or have a pair always at the ready.) I only need 'em for driving or movies and sometimes a different pair for reading if my eyes are fatigued.

Hope your new job goes well, GL and best wishes for being able to work in your field. Many good days ahead for you, lady! : - )

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

PS

The Forgotten Garden is one of the best books I have ever read, I absolutely loved it.

Phyllis said...

Congratulations on becoming a CNA!! Good for you..

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

So happy for you Kati! Your nursing work will be valuable to you your whole life!

I read most of the Forgotten Garden. Don't know why I couldn't get into it. I skimmed it a lot. Maybe I'll have to try it again.

Deanna

Barbara F. said...

I have missed your posts and lovely photos. Congrats on graduating and becoming a CNA. You have been so busy! Love the hair cut and the glasses.

Kathy said...

Congrats, Kati! And so good that you have a job in your field already. Hope you have a long career at a job you love.

Kathy

P.S. Love those glasses.

ellen b said...

Congratulations Kati!
Two Chick-fil-A's have finally opened close to us here in the Seattle area and boy have they been causing traffic jams! I'm happy for their success.
Blessings...