Saturday, May 22, 2010

In Which Pinky Bings off the Wall in the Middle of the Night

In the middle of the night I am awakened by a sudden loud noise coming from the other side of the room. I sit bolt upright in bed and look to where the sound was coming from. To my amazement I see our cat Pinky and she seems to be on the wall. "On the wall?," you might say. Yes! She was on the wall.

She must have jumped from the top of my chair onto my message board and was hanging there. I couldn't believe my eyes! (Remember, it was the middle of the night and I was sound asleep just moments before.) I thought that I was dreaming at first but no, I wasn't.

It was quite a feat getting back down. She some how did a leap-twist then she sat down and acted like nothing had ever happened that was out of the ordinary.

In the morning I found proof that she had really been climbing the walls. One side of the message board was off the nail and hanging down at an awkward angle. Fortunately neither Pinky nor the message board was hurt in this kitty circus act of the night before. But you have to wonder where she will be next.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Somehow, though I can't believe Pinky would do this, I CAN believe she would!

Cheryl said...

That Pinky is mysterious!