Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Southern Lady Cooks, Blog Award, and Buttermilk Chocolate Bread

Rencently I stumbled across a blog that I loved right away. The Southern Lady Cooks is a blog that has all southern style recipes. I could look for hours through her yummy recipes. Unfortunately, I have only had the time to make one of her recipes, Buttermilk Chocolate Bread. I can't wait to try more!

I was reading her blog the other day and I happened to catch my blog name. I was presented with a blog award!



Meet The Southern Lady...
"Hello, I am Judy, the lady behind the facebook page and blog, The Southern Lady Cooks. I live in the state of Kentucky, am retired from Kentucky State Governement and am Southern to the bone. I am a mother and grandmother that likes to cook and loves Southern food. I hope you enjoy this recipe and thanks to Kati for being such a great blogging friend. I invite you to come by and visit and check out my recipes and facebook page."


Buttermilk Chocolate Bread

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 cup chocolate chips
  • 2/3 cup walnuts or nuts of your choice

In a bowl, combine sugar and margarine; blend well with mixer. Add eggs; continue mixing. Add buttermilk, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; blend just until all ingredients are wet. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Pour into sprayed 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 55 – 60 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes; remove from pan. Enjoy!




©This recipe belongs to Judy. She has graciously given me permission to use her recipe on my blog.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm printing this one out to add to my recipes!

Cheryl said...

Chocolate-y goodness! :-D

(And we'll be happy to sample more "Southern Lady" recipes!)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting my recipe. I am so honored and thrilled that you made the bread and enjoyed it. You totally deserve the award and it was my pleasure to give it to you. I enjoy visiting your blog. Keep up the good work. Love and hugs, Judy