Thursday, March 15, 2012

Project Pinterest: Pineapple Whips

When I saw this pin on Pinterest I knew I had to make it. It looked so good and refreshing.


Tuesday was the day! It was a warm day and all the ingredients were on hand.

Pineapple Whips
*the original recipe can be found here. The recipe below is with my few adaptions.

40 ounces crushed pineapple with juice
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar
1 and 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped

Drain pineapple; reserve 5-6 tablespoons juice. Set aside. Place pineapple, lemon juice, sugar and 3 tablespoons pineapple juice in blender and blend until smooth. Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags and store bags flat in freezer. Freeze 1-1/2 hours. Stir pineapple slush gently into whipped cream in large bowl. Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour (I had mine in for 3 hours and it was still a good consistency). Just before serving, whip some more heavy cream with the rest of the reserved pineapple juice. Top each serving of the whip with a dollop of whipped cream.  

They were delicious!




 Linking up to...

Free Pretty Things' Whatever You want Wednesday.





 



Katie and Sarah's Project Pinterest








and Allyson's Finished Friday.





7 comments:

Sally @DrinkingFromMySaucer said...

Oh my - these sound deLIcious!

Katie said...

These do look super refreshing! I'd love to have one right now actually!

SarahinSC said...

Oh my! These would be perfect for me right now. It's supposed to be 88 today! Thanks so much for linking up. I'll have to pin these for sure!

SandeeNC said...

They look delisicious! How did they taste? waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Cheryl said...

Oh so good!

Tim, Allyson, and kids said...

They sound delicious! Thanks for linking up to our Finished Friday post.

Frances said...

Kati, I think you may have to make these quite often as the hot summer months approach. They look like "just the thing" to tempt one away from anything one is doing! Pinterest is such a wonderful recipe finder, isn't it?