Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Photo Shoot {Part 1}

What happens when you have eight (five that are close) nieces and nephews who are growing up too fast? Why, you take photos of them!

Last week, Kristin and I emailed back and forth about having photo shoots of the kids. I was reinspired with this post I wrote about some tips and tricks I have learned.

Sunday was the day to start the sessions. The first part of the session was devoted to siblings. We had a few enthusiasts and a few...that were not as enthusiastic. Photographing five kids at a time is a challenge but in the end as long as there are a few shots where it doesn't look like anyone is crying.







After some giggling, and bunny ears, and a melt-down by one of the subjects, we moved on to the second part of the session, Alaine.

Alaine was a happy girl on Sunday and she didn't mind us telling her to sit, stand, and look at the flowers one bit. She had a great time holding some little yellow wildflowers. She didn't put them down the whole time. :)





This one's my very favorite one.



Entering this last one here...







Be on the lookout for more photo shoots in the weeks to come!

6 comments:

Johanna Nimmons said...

Beautiful, beautiful portrait, Kati! Thank you for linking up!

Zoƫ said...

She is so cute, I love the yellow and blue :)

mary ann said...

That is so adorable! I love the flowers :)

Kristin said...

I might need to get some of these framed! They're too good not to use somewhere.

Cheryl said...

I love these photos! (Of course, I love these children!) :D

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

So,so cute Kati! Well done! It's hard trying to get multiple subjects, especially kids, to all look the same direction, let alone smile!

Deanna