Monday, June 29, 2015

Sisters Book Challenge: A Year Down Yonder



Book 2
A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck


I started this book on a Sunday night and I think by Monday I was finished. It was an easy to read book plus the story was one that got you interested. 

The story is about Mary Alice who goes to stay with her grandmother in a small Illinois town during the Great Depression. Her Grandma Dowdel is quite the character and Mary Alice is a little afraid of her. Soon after she arrives, she starts having many exciting adventures. What started out as a time for Mary Alice to endure, turned into a wonderful experience she will never forget.

After loving this book I want to read the other book Richard Peck wrote about Mary Alice and her grandma, A Long Way from Chicago.

3 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I read this book a few years ago! I loved it, too!

Kathy said...

I'm going to have to read this one. It sounds good'

Kristin said...

Just recently I found a third book in this series. It is a Christmas book and not quite as good but still very enjoyable.