Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Distant Hours




Sisters Book Challenge
Book 1
The Distant Hours by Kate Morton


source
I've loved both The Secret Keeper and The House at Riverton by Kate Morton so I was excited when Kristin put The Distant Hours on the challenge for this year. I love that her books have shocking endings that you didn't really expect.

This book was about Percy, Saffy, and Juniper Blythe, three old ladies who live alone in Milderhurst Castle. Edie's mother receives a letter from Juniper that was lost for decades. The letter leads Edie to Milderhurst where she learns that her mother stayed with the sisters during World War II. The older sisters are twins and they devoted their lives to caring for their younger sister who isn't the same after she was jilted by her fiance. There are many secrets waiting to be discovered about the past at Milderhurst. 



I'm planning on reading Kate Morton's other book, The Forgotten Garden, sometime this year. 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I'm caught up with Kate Morton's books now. I've read all 4. :-) I still think The Secret Keeper is my favorite and The House at Riverton my second favorite, but I like them all. Can't wait for a 5th book. I keep checking, but there's no word of her next book.