Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Secret Keeper




Sisters Book Challenge
Book 8
The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton


source
I read The Secret Keeper back in October but I'm just now getting around to writing my review for the Sisters Book Challenge.

This was one of those books that you didn't want to put down. The story was very captivating plus there was mystery woven into the book.

Sixteen-year-old Laurel witnesses a shocking crime after a stranger walks up her family's lane and starts talking to her mother, Dorothy. Fifty years later, Laurel is back at her childhood home for her mother's 90th birthday. While looking through an old photo album, she sees a picture of her mother and another woman named Vivien she's never seen before which brings up many questions about her mother's past, who Vivien was, and the witnessed crime.

If you haven't read this book, I would recommend picking it up and giving it a try. I think you would enjoy it!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Glad you liked it. It has been hand-down my favorite book of the year. I read it in January so it's been the standard for the rest of the year. :-) I read another Kate Morton book this summer and it was good, too, but nothing as good as this one.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I love Kate Morton's style. Try The Forgotten Garden and The House at Riverton--wonderful stories that keep you captivated! ♥