Wednesday, November 6, 2013

5-Minute Cookie in a Mug


A few weeks ago I was home by myself for a good part of the day. After lunch I wanted a little something sweet so I went to my Pinterest board where I remembered pinning a 5-minute cookie in a mug for one. Perfect!

I was a bit skeptical when I had put all the ingredients in the mug. It looked really wet and I couldn't imagine it being cookie consistency when it was finished baking.

I was really surprised when it came out looking like a cookie. It had a great taste, too!

~ ~ ~

5 Minute Chocolate Chip Cookie
recipe originally found on the blog Jo and Sue

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp white sugar
1 Tbsp brown sugar
splash of vanilla
pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
3 Tbsp flour
1 1/2 Tbsp chocolate chips (or heath chips, mint chips, M&Ms, etc.)

Directions:
In a microwave safe bowl or coffee mug, mix butter with sugars. Stir with a fork until well combined. Add vanilla and salt, stir. Add egg yolk (yolk only, not the white), and mix well. Stir in flour until just combined. Lastly, stir in chocolate chips. Cook in microwave for 40 - 60 seconds. Start checking for doneness at 40 seconds. (Mine took the full 60.)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

For how long do you microwave it? This could be very dangerous information for me to have...

Barbara F. said...

Kati this sounds wonderful. How long in the microwave? Your month long Pinterest series was wonderful. xo

Kati said...

Sorry about that ladies! The microwave time is now in the post.