Saturday, April 12, 2014

Macro Shots

I debated about joining the Personal Photo Challenge party this month. I've been wanting to join in for several months and when I heard that the theme was macro, I thought this would be the month to do it. But with having my surgery and recovering from that, and I didn't think I would be up to writing a post. After looking through my photos and taking a few more, I came up with some shots I was happy with so I decided to go ahead with it. 

A Personal Photo Challenge

I shot all these photos in auto mode with my Nikon d3000 camera.

Ladybug:
On this photo, I used my 55-200 lens. I cropped this a little bit to center the ladybug more and I added a slight bit of color to give it a boost. 




Tulip:
I shot this one with my 18-55 lens. I did a little bit of sharpening to the petals but that's about it. 




Yarrow:
I took this one from my archives. I probably had my 55-200 lens on but I'm not quite sure. I just cropped this one a slight bit.



Shooting macro photography is so much fun! It makes me want to do more!

14 comments:

podso said...

I enjoyed seeing your macros. The ladybug the best as I love lady bugs. :-). It's true we see so. Ugh more of the world when we can see it thru these up colose lenses.

Mrs.Rabe said...

The ladybug and the tulip are my favorites! Well done!

I am glad you are recovering well!

Deanna

Cheryl said...

I think macro shots are your specialty, Kati! You have an eye for what makes a good photo. Love the ladybug crawling across Bekah's hand...

ellen b said...

Ohhh....very nice, Kati!

Jackie Mc Guinness said...

Love the lady bugs!

Donna said...

Hi, Kati! It's good to see you join in and I hope you will become a regular participant! First of all, I am a big fan of the simplicity style, and it looks like you are a natural at it. The two flower photos show tender details and colors. And the one with the ladybug is a winner on subject matter. Love it! The swoop of the hand's outline makes a perfect backdrop to the bug's journey. Even the skin texture adds to the shot. Simply joyful...

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Each photo is a lovely macro shot and it's hard to get a good one of a ladybug.

Linda H said...

That is one awesome ladybug shot! Wow. The tulip is so beautiful (love the fringed petals) and I love the soft green background behind the intense yellow yarrow. Such wonderful color! Hope you recover quickly from your surgery!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

I love the ladybug - it's so cool!
You did a great job with your macros Kati.
I hope you're feeling much better.
Hugs
Shane

Donna said...

How in the World did you get that first shot???! Love it!
You did a super job on them all!
hughugs

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi Kati, I do hope that you are feeling better from your surgery. I like the photo's you took but I really love the one you took of the ladybug on your hand. Have a wonderful day and week.
Julie a Julie's Lifestyle

Angela said...

The fringe on that tulip is just beautiful. Nicely done.

Patrica said...

How amazing- your lady bug has a shadow! Now that's macro!

Lorrie said...

Beautiful photos. The ladybug is so clear and crisp - my favourite bug. Tulips with frills are extra pretty.
So glad that you are feeling better after your surgery.