Saturday, April 12, 2014

Macro Shots

I debated about joining the Personal Photo Challenge party this month. I've been wanting to join in for several months and when I heard that the theme was macro, I thought this would be the month to do it. But with having my surgery and recovering from that, and I didn't think I would be up to writing a post. After looking through my photos and taking a few more, I came up with some shots I was happy with so I decided to go ahead with it. 

A Personal Photo Challenge

I shot all these photos in auto mode with my Nikon d3000 camera.

Ladybug:
On this photo, I used my 55-200 lens. I cropped this a little bit to center the ladybug more and I added a slight bit of color to give it a boost. 




Tulip:
I shot this one with my 18-55 lens. I did a little bit of sharpening to the petals but that's about it. 




Yarrow:
I took this one from my archives. I probably had my 55-200 lens on but I'm not quite sure. I just cropped this one a slight bit.



Shooting macro photography is so much fun! It makes me want to do more!

14 comments:

podso said...

I enjoyed seeing your macros. The ladybug the best as I love lady bugs. :-). It's true we see so. Ugh more of the world when we can see it thru these up colose lenses.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

The ladybug and the tulip are my favorites! Well done!

I am glad you are recovering well!

Deanna

Cheryl said...

I think macro shots are your specialty, Kati! You have an eye for what makes a good photo. Love the ladybug crawling across Bekah's hand...

ellen b said...

Ohhh....very nice, Kati!

Jackie McGuinness said...

Love the lady bugs!

Donna said...

Hi, Kati! It's good to see you join in and I hope you will become a regular participant! First of all, I am a big fan of the simplicity style, and it looks like you are a natural at it. The two flower photos show tender details and colors. And the one with the ladybug is a winner on subject matter. Love it! The swoop of the hand's outline makes a perfect backdrop to the bug's journey. Even the skin texture adds to the shot. Simply joyful...

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Each photo is a lovely macro shot and it's hard to get a good one of a ladybug.

Linda H said...

That is one awesome ladybug shot! Wow. The tulip is so beautiful (love the fringed petals) and I love the soft green background behind the intense yellow yarrow. Such wonderful color! Hope you recover quickly from your surgery!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

I love the ladybug - it's so cool!
You did a great job with your macros Kati.
I hope you're feeling much better.
Hugs
Shane

Donna said...

How in the World did you get that first shot???! Love it!
You did a super job on them all!
hughugs

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Kati, I do hope that you are feeling better from your surgery. I like the photo's you took but I really love the one you took of the ladybug on your hand. Have a wonderful day and week.
Julie a Julie's Lifestyle

Angela said...

The fringe on that tulip is just beautiful. Nicely done.

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

How amazing- your lady bug has a shadow! Now that's macro!

Lorrie said...

Beautiful photos. The ladybug is so clear and crisp - my favourite bug. Tulips with frills are extra pretty.
So glad that you are feeling better after your surgery.