Thursday, April 17, 2014

Stones For Bread


Sisters Book Challenge
Book 3
Stones for Bread by Christa Parrish


source
I must admit, I've read two of Christa Parrish's books and though I really got into the story and liked them, when I was finished I didn't have the urge to go and get all her other books at the library. That is, until I read Stones for Bread. Maybe it was because of the topic? Maybe it was because of all the bread recipes found throughout the book? Maybe it was because I learned quite a bit about sourdough bread? Maybe it was the sections on the history of bread? Whatever it was, I was a bit sad when I finished this book.

Bread and Liesl just go together. Her first memories are of her grandmother and mother making bread. Liesl grows up to have her own bakery. The story is also about her baker, who brings his troubled grandson to work as an apprentice, her waitress, who submits the bakery's name to a tv bake-off competition, her cook, who is ill, and the delivery guy, a single father who wants to win her heart.

This book was so much fun to read and I'd love to make one of the recipes soon.

No comments: