Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Midnight Fox



With this book, I've completed half of the books Kristin has given me to read for the challenge. Five was the minimum we had to read so any others are for fun, though I will still blog about them. Last year, I had read the five by the middle of May but this year, I was a little slower.

I've been reading the challenge books in spurts... the first three within a few weeks of each other. Then the next two also within a short amount of time.

I'm planning on reading all of the books on this list sometime this year. That was my goal last year though I missed it by one (which I'm reading right now).






Sisters Book Challenge
Book 5
The Midnight Fox by Betsy Byars



Tom doesn't want to stay at his aunt's farm for the summer while his parents go to Europe. He is having a tough time adjusting to his new surroundings until he stumbles upon a black fox in the woods. In the weeks after his discovery, he keeps seeing the fox and even finds her den. Instead of being the worst summer of Tom's life, it turns out to be one of the best. 

I was expecting a depressing story (as many animal stories are) but this book wasn't that at all. This was an easy read with short chapters, which I like. I would be interested in reading other books by this author in the future. 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a fun challenge and the book you just finished sounds delightful :)

Have a beautiful week, Kati. Hugs!

Kristin said...

We read this out loud last summer and I thought it was such a good story!