Friday, December 30, 2011

Photo Friday: Christmas Day

On Christmas Day, I experimented with a macro lens that my dear friend, Miss Frances let me borrow. I had fun snapping pictures of the kids.

I am considered the outsider since I am not a peer like their younger aunt Bekah and I am not considered an adult since I was only nine when Gavin was born. I have had many nicknames over the years like Hairy (because of my long hair) and Frederika. (Don't ask. Even I don't know how they came up with that name.) Anyway, it is a game for them to try to hide their faces from me when I take their picture. It is kind of fun to see what I come up with.

I snapped one of Owen when he was telling me about one of his Christmas gifts.



Later on, I tried to snap another one. This one Kristin got in on it.

Kristin: Owen you must look at the camera.
Owen: But she already took my picture.



Gavin meanwhile, was relishing the fact it being Owen who was made to have his picture taken and not his. I took advantage of the situation and snapped this candid shot of Gavin while I was waiting for Owen to look at the camera.






Kati’s Little Corner of the World





2 comments:

Frances said...

Kati, your pictures are just gorgeous. One of the things I love about pictures posted on a blog (as compared to facebook) is that you can click on them and view them in much larger sizes. I enjoyed your photos on facebook, but wow do I ever love seeing them here full screen. That lens is really fun to use, isn't it? I hadn't used it much for portraits and I see it does a beautiful job with people. Doesn't it give you such a satisfying feeling to take pictures and then look at them on your computer for the first time? I enjoyed reading your words with these, too. It makes the pictures even more interesting to hear a little bit about them. I hope you have been having a refreshing last week of 2011. Hugs!

Kristin said...

Love the one of Gavin. It is so hard to get any good pictures of him because he likes to look away or make a face or be silly.