Friday, December 27, 2013

What Are You Reading? Year in Review

This year, I decided to keep a reading journal. It helps me keep track of what I've read as well as books I want to read. It has helped me to read more books as well as keep a tally of how many books I've read this year. I also got a goodreads account which aids in the number of books read in the year as well as my book goal. I set a goal of 50 books to read this year but I exceeded that goal and read close to 60 books.



The most read authors of the year were Beverly Lewis and Agatha Christie. I read 11 Beverly Lewis books and 5 Agatha Christie books. They are both excellent writers and their books are easy to read. I never get bored with their books. 

My favorite book of the year would probably be Kate Morton's The Secret Keeper. This book was one on the Sisters Book Challenge reading list. (You can read my review of the book ~here~.) Next year, I plan to add a few of her other books to my list.

Rachel Hauck, author of The Wedding Dress would be a new favorite author. I love how the author wove four different women into her story about one wedding dress. 

The biggest disappointment in my reading this year was Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran. I thought this book about the famous wax sculptress would be a neat story but I found it to be boring and a few passages I had to skip. 


C. S. Lewis said that "A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children's story in the slightest." This year, my favorite children's lit was Calico Bush by Rachel Field. This book took place in Maine during the French and Indian War. 

And my favorite non-fiction book would be How Not to Die by Dr. Jan Garavaglia. This book was easy to read and very informative. (You can read my review of this book ~here~.)


To see all the books I read in the year 2013, click ~here~.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Love your list! I need to finish up mine so I can have it on my blog by Monday. By the way, I was planning to put The Wedding Dress on this years Sister's Book Challenge, but I guess it's too late now. :-)