Monday, March 4, 2013

Collections: Stamps - Intro


I have a rather large collection of postage stamps. I think I have over 6,000 stamps right now and it is still growing.

My collect started with a few Christmas stamps that I pulled off the Christmas card envelopes we received. After Christmas I started to removed the stamps from other envelopes and my collection started to grow. Most of my collection came from my brother-in-law, some I bought on ebay, others were given to me by friends who know I collect them.

When I turned 14, I had a postage stamp themed birthday party. We played stamp bingo and "spot the difference: stamp edition", and I even gave each of my guests a paper with the top ten stamp themes and the ten most wacky stamp themes.

Since stamps are flat, they don't take up much room so this is a very compact collection. I have a drawer in my desk devoted to stamps. In it I have two stamp books, a ton of envelopes with stamps that aren't in books, and other things related to the collection. 



Did you know? The first official stamp of the U.S. was created in 1847.



1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I loved your stamp party!

This will be a fun series!