Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Collections: Thimbles - Some of My Collection

I'm sure you want to see some of the thimbles in my collection, so here you go. All the thimbles I'm showing today are ones my aunt Lynn already had when she gave the set to me.







One of my favorites is this thimble. It has the Norman Rockwell painting of Tiny Tim. I love the book (and movie) A Christmas Carol.








Another one of my favorites is this owl thimble.














This one, I'm assuming my aunt got when she went to England with her sisters.











This one is one of the commemorative thimbles of the wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana.








Come back tomorrow to see some of the thimbles I've collected.

And don't forget to enter the thimble necklace giveaway, if you haven't already...


3 comments:

Sue said...

I like these thimbles, and what a treasured gift from your aunt. I tried to choose my favorite, but couldn't, all are special.
Thank you for sharing.
Wishing you a most blessed Resurrection Sunday.
Sue

Barbara F. said...

The owl thimble is so sweet and different. xo

Kristin said...

I love all 3 of the thimbles you showed today. I started to say I like the Norman Rockwell one...until I saw the owl thimble...and then I saw the Charles and Diana thimble and I like that one, too! :-) My thimbles are boring. They are plain old sewing thimbles. (Not sure how you get away without a sewing thimble. I use mine all the time with tough fabrics.) One I got in a sewing kit...and the other was one Brian salvaged out of someone's trash. Reeks of Dad, doesn't it?