Thursday, October 16, 2014

It's a Wrap! Day 16

Owl Ornament

Any child would love to get a glimpse of their birthday package and see a sweet felt stuffed animal looking up at them.

Since I had a whole bunch of owls already made, I decided to go for an owl on top of the package.

I found the pattern for the owl in the book Craft-a-Day by Sarah Goldschadt. In this book, you can also find patterns for other animals such as bears, foxes, fish, birds, ladybugs, cats, dogs, etc. And it's not just animals featured. You can find patterns for hearts, rain clouds, umbrellas, robots, hexies, and snowmen. It's a really great book and I highly recommend it!

Anyway, back to the wrapping idea...

I sewed a string near the top of the owl (I would suggest using embroidery thread since it's a bit sturdier) and knot the ends together. On your package, start to tie your ribbon on but stop once you've made your first knot. Thread the owl string through one of the ribbon ends and pull through until you reach the knot on the package. Finish tying the ribbon by either making another knot or making a bow. 



~ ~ ~


3 comments:

Lorrie said...

Very cute - two gifts in one!

Kristin said...

Ben loves his "owlie." :-)

Suburban Style said...

I love that so many of your ideas combine kraft paper and simple twine. No need to stockpile an endless variety of papers and ribbon. :)