Monday, October 6, 2014

It's a Wrap! Day 6

Washi Tape Candles


Washi tape is so "in" right now that there are many ideas for craft projects using it. That's why this week is all about washi tape.

For the first washi project, I have these cute washi birthday candles for a package.

To start, wrap your package with a plain colored paper. You could do a print but it might take away from the washi tape candles.

1. Tear off strips of washi tape. I made the bottom edge straight and the top edge crooked.
2. Leaving a bit of space between each piece, place on the package.
3. Draw candle flames above the crooked edge with a pen. 



~ ~ ~


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my word, Kati! That is so great!

Kristin said...

So cute and so simple! I have a roll of white paper. I think I need to try this.

Kathy said...

I have never heard of washi tape. I'm going to go look for it.