Wednesday, October 30, 2013

{31 Days of Pinterest Completed} Paper Christmas Trees

PIN INSPIRATION:

~

These Christmas trees look so cute and didn't take too many supplies. I found an old book of Jack London stories in an antique store for a reasonable price. 

The nice thing about these trees is you can make any size you want. I used a six-inch circle for my trees. Once you cut out your circle, cut it in half.



From the left side, fold your paper over 2 inches or so. This part isn't very exact. If you fold over less, the bottom "branches" will be larger and vice versa. 



Now take the corner that was folded over and fold back so that the cut edge is even with the folded edge. 



Turn over the paper.



Take the cut edge and fold it down to meet the folded edge.



It will look like this.



Turn it back over and you will see your Christmas tree.



To make the paper lay flat, use a glue stick to adhere the folds together.



And you're all done! If you like, you can take a small strip of paper and glue on for a tree trunk as seen below.



If you need more help in understanding the directions, watch the video I've put together for you.

~CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO TUTORIAL~

These can be used to put on cards, put on display, or make a garland. 



~ ~ ~



I'm also linking up to Schneider Peeps' Handmade Christmas.

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Too cute!! (And I love the music you chose for your video!) :)

Unknown said...

Those are adorable! And the video... perfect music for it!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

This is so cute! I may have to get the girls to do this to make some decorations for our Christmas Tea at church, and for gift tags!

Thanks for sharing this and the tutorial, Kati!

Deanna

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

The video is good, Kati! Thanks!

Deanna

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi those are adorable I love them. I want to see if I cand make one using the newspaper. Have a great day. 🎃 Julie

Kristin said...

I'm going to keep this in mind for this Christmas. Now I need to keep my eye out for a good discard book. Our library has a free shelf which is where I got my book to make my book page wreath.

Morgan Nicole Ilg said...

I totally love this idea! I'm gonna have to use it when it comes to making christmas cards!
thank you so much for sharing!
I love your blog by the way!
thank you for writing the things that you do and sharing the things that you do!
...now excuse me while I go an read more posts!
have a great day and a great halloween!

much love,
LadyIlg

p.s. feel free to check out my blog sometime if you'd like!

short sleeved pants

Stephanie said...

These are adorable! They would make great gift tags for Christmas :)

Have a lovely day!

Vee said...

The video says it has been blocked???