Thursday, October 31, 2013

{31 Days of Pinterest Completed} Jersey Headband

PIN INSPIRATION:

pin link / source

~
My niece Nora is a girl who likes pretty clothes and pink. For her birthday, I made her a headband like this out on hot pink jersey. (In fact, it was leftover fabric from the yo-yo shirt I made refashioned.) It was really easy to make and didn't take that long. 



Cut your strip of fabric about 2 1/2 inches wide and a little shorter than your head circumference. Overlap your ends a big and sew up with loose stitches. When you get to the end, gather the stitches as tightly as possible. Then sew (or hot glue) on your embellishment. I used an extra large yo-yo with a button center. 


* Since I forgot to take pictures of this project before sending it to the birthday girl, my sweet sister-in-law sent me these pictures for this post. Thank you, Sarah!

~ ~ ~



I'm also linking up to Schneider Peeps' Handmade Christmas.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Looks like the birthday girl was very happy with it, too!

Cheryl said...

What a perfect way to end the series...with a fabulous project and the photo of a beautiful little girl!

(Love Nora!!)

Vee said...

What a cutie pie she is!