Sunday, October 27, 2013

{31 Days of Pinterest Completed} Quick and Easy Blender Salsa

PIN INSPIRATION:

~

I love salsa! As much as I like it, I had never made it until I came across this recipe. It doesn't take that long to make and the flavor is really good!


Quick and Easy Blender Salsa




 Ingredients:
  • 1 small can of green chilies
  • 1/2 small onion, roughly chopped 
  • 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed 
  • 1/2-1 jalapeno (optional) 
  • 1 teaspoon honey 
  • 1 teaspoon salt 
  • 2 teaspoon ground cumin 
  • small to medium size handful of cilantro, washed (or 2 teaspoons dried cilantro)
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 28 oz can diced tomatoes
  • 2 fresh tomatoes (optional) *

Directions:
Put all the ingredients except the tomatoes in the base of a food processor or blender and pulse to combine for 30 seconds or so until all the ingredients are finely chopped. Add the tomatoes and pulse for 5-10 seconds or until salsa is desired consistency. Taste for seasoning and adjust to taste. Serve with chips or over tacos. 



~ ~ ~


3 comments:

Unknown said...

My daughter and I prefer blended salsa to chunky so this would perfect for us!

Barbara F. said...

This sounds so good,I think I made a real quick homemade salsa one time. Ned to try this again. I'm curious, did you add the jalapeno? xo

Kristin said...

I made salsa this week, too. I added some chopped mango and a little bit of peach puree. It added a touch of sweetness, but still had a classic salsa taste.