Sunday, October 20, 2013

{31 Days of Pinterest Completed} Marshmallow Fondant

PIN INSPIRATION:

~

I find that fondant doesn't taste too good so I thought that this would be a good replacement. When planning the baby shower cupcakes, I decided to give this fondant recipe a try to make the buttons for the top of each cupcake. 


It was a bit hard to roll out because it was sticky but using some powdered sugar made it workable. Cutting shapes also got a bit sticky but since it was really pliable, it wasn't too big of a deal to make it circular again.

I still wouldn't cover a whole cake with this (I would much rather use icing) but it was nice to use for decorating.


~ ~ ~


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not a fan of fondant either. I'm a frosting girl!

Joanie said...

I admire what folks can create with fondant but give me intense glaze and whipped cream for icing! -Joanie

Vee said...

I remember seeing those buttons and how sweet they looked. A nice little detail for decorating and taking something up a notch.