I love almost anything with coconut and chocolate in it, so when I needed something to take a pool party back in August, I chose these bars. They were loved by everyone who tried them!
3 cups graham cracker crumbs *
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup pecan pieces
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly splash a 15-by-10-inch rimmed baking sheet ** evenly with water, then line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, stir together cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter until combined. Evenly press onto bottom and up sides of prepared baking sheet. Bake, rotating halfway through, until firm, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; cool, about 20 minutes.
3. Sprinkle cooled crust evenly with pecans and chocolate. Pour condensed milk over the top, spreading to cover completely (do not let it drip over the edges). Sprinkle with coconut.
4. Bake until coconut is toasted, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool completely. Trim edges, if desired, and cut into equal-size bars.
* I found I didn't have enough graham cracker crumbs so I made up the difference with oats. It added another flavor and also felt more healthy. :D
**I baked these in a glass baking dish instead of a cookie sheet but they turned out fine.